Friday, August 19, 2011

Introducing Neoprimitive Dolls

I am pleased to introduce a new addition to Georgia Vivienne Creations, neoprimitive dolls.  While inspired by primitive dolls, mine are decidedly feminine and made from recycled fabrics instead of muslin.  It's prim with a twist.  Right now I am working on Tangerine, Tanny for short.  She is a 51-inch-tall neoprim made from duck cloth and painted with acrylic paint.  When I look at this reddish-brown-gold prim with wide eyes, triangle nose, and full lips, she reminds me that planning is wise, but a plan's execution may not end up looking like one had planned.

By not using a pattern, and instead following a largely intuitive process, I have almost completed a rather unusual-looking prim, a painted sculpture, a conversation piece.  I love her.  She is a one-of-a-kind home decor doll, and I love her spontaneity.  Her spontaneity speaks to our ability to adapt to life.
Tanny reminds me that ultimately life works out, even when it looks differently than I had planned.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jess,
    I am making a comment to see if it is showing up for you. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jess,
    comments are showing up for me.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. I moderate all comments. Shortly you will see your comment if approved.